Clarence S. Campbell Bowl Champions Logos

The Clarence S. Campbell Bowl was created by the National Hockey League in 1968 and named after NHL President Clarence Campbell who had been in charge of the league since 1946. Since the 1993/94 season the trophy has been presented annually to the playoff champion of the NHL's Western Conference, the winner of this trophy then goes on to represent the Western Conference in the Stanley Cup final.

From it's first year in 1968 through to 1981 the trophy was a regular-season award, presented to the points leader of the West Division and then the Campbell Conference after the league was re-aligned in 1975. It became a playoff trophy starting with the 1981/82 season going to the winner of the Campbell Conference playoffs.